Thursday, February 05, 2015

Alima Pure Natural Definition Mascara

Alima Pure is a fantastic brand that I wish was more accessible in Canada. Sure I can order it online, but I'd love to be able to physically touch and swatch their products. I absolutely adore their bronzer, as well as their foundation, and when a reader offered to give me the Natural Definition Mascara to try, I couldn't say no. She had purchased one and received one for free, I believe, and wasn't keen on the brush or formula. 


This mascara is as described, a "natural definition mascara". It adds length and separates the lashes, but certainly doesn't thicken or provide any volume. The brush is synthetic and I find it pokes (and hurts) when trying to get close to the lash line. Anyone else have that problem with synthetic brushes? A natural bristle brush would have been much preferred. The formula is on the wet side and can be layered without clumping, and actually makes an awesome bottom lash mascara because of that. I really enjoy layering it with Zuzu for a falsies effect. One lengthens (Alima), the other thickens (Zuzu). Surprisingly, this mascara doesn't transfer, smudge, flake, or irritate my eyes at all. If you're looking for a quick, easy to apply, lengthening mascara that looks incredibly natural, this is the one for you. If you prefer volume and fullness, I'd say skip it.

Retails for $22 USD/$26 CAD for 8g. Available in Black and Brown.

Find it here: Alima Pure, Eco Diva Beauty, and any of these retailers. 

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Hydrolyzed Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Esters, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Sodium Carboxyethylsilanetriol, Stearic Acid (Plant derived), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candililla) Wax, Zea Mays (Corn) Propanediol, Acrylates/Octylacrymide Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide (mineral derived), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Lanolin Oil, Glycerin (plant derived), DL Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Ozokerite Wax (mineral derived), Glyceryl Caprylate (plant derived), Glyceryl Undecylenate (plant derived), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuaba) Wax. [+/-: (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to purchase this, but now don't think I would. I prefer something that'll thicken and lengthen. Great post love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...