Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Rave Review: Pure Anada Mascara in Black

Mascara is a daily staple for me. I just love how it darkens my lashes and makes me look a little more put together and awake, even if I don't wear much else. With long lashes and oily lids, it's important for me to find one that doesn't smudge, transfer, and/or flake. I also want my mascara to lengthen and thicken, giving me that falsies effect. Pure Anada's doesn't disappoint...entirely.

Spoiler Alert: Pure Anada sent me their mascara to try, however, pictured below is a fresh tube that I've purchased with my own money from The Big Carrot. I also didn't bother snapping a picture with and without it on because of the fact that my lashes are long and somewhat full already.  


Description: Finally, a natural mascara you can feel good about putting on your lashes!It is naturally paraben-free, gluten-free, and mercury-free.You will be amazed at how well this mascara builds volume and length to your lashes. We trust that this will be the natural mascara you’ve been waiting for!

I have to admit, I didn't like this mascara at first. It lengthens and separates, but doesn't thicken. I think that's due to the wet formula because once it dries up, it totally performs to my liking. Mind you, I don't like any mascara at first. It wears all day long, 10+ hours with absolutely no flaking. By the end of a very long day, there is minimal smudging and/or transfer. The natural bristle wand is curved and so easy and comfortable to use. It helps give lashes a little more oomph, but I don't find it holds a curl well (at least on my lashes). A possible deal breaker for some is that it contains phenoxyethanol. I don't apply the mascara directly at the roots, so I'm not entirely turned off by it. However, I know that there are many green beauties that like to avoid that ingredient. The last thing to note is that when this stuff gets in my eyes, it burns like hell. My eyes are super sensitive and this mascara doesn't irritate them on a regular basis. It only burns if my eyes water and a little mascara drips in from the tears. Know what I mean? It's happened less than a handful of times, that's why I've repurchased. OH, OH and it doesn't dry out to the point that it can't be used within a month or two. I used my previous tube for a solid 3 months and probably could have used it longer, if it weren't for the fact that I shouldn't because of bacteria and all that stuff. Based on performance, price, and availability, this is definitely my current favourite and holy grail mascara.

Retails for approx. $14 CAN and is available in black and brown. Can be purchased through Pure Anada and any of their online or retail stores.

What's your favourite and most purchased mascara?



Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Oryza Sativa Wax (Rice Bran Wax), Olea Europea fruit oil (Olive Oil), Vegetable Source Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Coernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum, Black Iron oxide (CI 77499), Aminomethyl Popandiol (Ph Adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative).

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I have been looking for a new mascara, will have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I NEVER throw my mascara out after 3 months - I'm a right to the last scraps kinda girl! Mind you I'm very careful about not dipping the wand in and out a lot. The wand on this mascara looks great, so fluffy. Sadly my eyes are uber sensitive so I don't think I'd get on well with that burning sensation.

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely, I'm the same as you, I love mascara to give me a false effect - something I find really difficult to achieve with natural mascaras.. this one sounds wonderful though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural mascaras always fall short in the falsies department, many also flake and wear bad. I hope you try this one xo

      Delete
  4. i think (my opinion) preservative is important in mascara! i'm more afraid about bacteria than phenoxyethanol :) thanks for the review..i'm looking for mascara and i would have opinion about this one!..I came across you february post because of that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...