Thursday, January 16, 2014

S.W. Basics Cream Review

S.W. Basics, your products haven't let me down yet! With 5 or less ingredients, how could you not fall in love with this line. In October, I reviewed their amazeballs exfoliant and just knew I had to try more. After ordering and loving the sample from Fresh Faced, I picked up the full size jar at Husk.

                           

Description: This is the mother of all S.W. Basics products. You know how lots of lotions and moisturizers leave you needing more, like ten minutes after you put them on? That's because they use water as a base. When it evaporates, you dry out all over again. Our Cream starts with wild-harvested shea butter we get from an incredible Fair Trade women's cooperative in Ghana. We add some organic extra-virgin coconut oil and organic extra-virgin olive oil. So it's extremely rich, sinking deep into the skin and staying there. But since all the ingredients are totally non-comedogenic, it won't clog your pores, meaning it's just as awesome on your face as it is on your body.

My skin went through a really rough breakup with the Jamaican climate, can ya blame it? From beautiful hot and humid days to dry cold ones, it was hard. Enter S.W. Basics Cream. Along with the use of oils, this cream brought my skin back to life or at least helped make it look less like snake skin. The glass jar is so cute but, not practical for travelling with as it's quite heavy. The cream is rich and wraps your skin in a beautiful moisturizing hug. Who doesn't love hugs?! It does take a few minutes to sink in though. It's fantastic that there are no essential oils added, it just smells of shea butter goodness. Something to keep in mind if you don't enjoy the scent of shea. I used this morning and night on any dry patches on my face, mostly nose, cheeks, eyes, and between the brows. Of course I also tried it out on my hands, elbows, knees and feet, amazing! On one random day, I got adventurous and decided to try this cream all over my face. Big mistake. I broke out on my chin and forehead pretty badly. They say that this cream is non-comedogenic, however, coconut oil is highly comedogenic. That's not to say that everyone will get clogged pores and breakout from using it, I'm sure there are people who can rub lard all over themselves and still have gorgeous skin. If you're prone to breakouts, simply be cautious. It's still an absolutely beautiful cream in my books! It has helped my skin so much and continues to do so. Highly recommend trying it out, even if it's just a sample.

Retails for approx. $34 CAN for 3.75 oz. Can be purchased through Husk, Clementine Fields, Fresh Faced, S.W. Basics, and any of their other retailers.

What's your favourite S.W. Basics product and why?



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's for that reason I haven't been brave enough to use my mini pot of this on my face yet. Coconut oil never normally breaks me out, but shea butter sometimes does sooooooooo...

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're smart. I was under the assumption that it was a face cream even though it's not stated that it is. BUP! xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...