Monday, December 09, 2013

Fresh Faced Sample Haul Review

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some samples from Fresh Faced. I've pretty much finished most of the skin and hair ones, and figured it's about time that I give you my impressions on each of them. In no particular order....

One Love Organics Vitamin E Eye Balm: I was hoping that this balm would hydrate my dry under eyes, but instead I found it didn't do much. It felt as though it just sat on my skin, never sinking in. Won't be purchasing the full size.

One Love Organics Vitamin B Active Moisture Cleansing Oil & Makeup Remover: I only had enough to use 2, maybe 3, times and fell in love. It smells like pineapple, first of all. Aside from the tropical scent, it removes makeup like a dream! I don't need to double cleanse or even use a wash cloth. My boyfriend bought me the full size for Christmas. Will do a full review in the new year.

S.W. Basics Cream: AH-mazing! I was worried it would clog my pores and break me out, but it hasn't. I only apply it on dry patches, like under my eyes, nose, cheeks, and forehead, and it's worked wonders at eliminating them. I've already purchased the full size.

Rahua Voluminous Shampoo: This was a disappointing sample, I didn't even have enough for one wash. It smells nice, that's all I got for you.

MVO Everyday Coverage in Light (left) & Medium (right)

MVO Everyday Coverage in Light (left) & Medium (right)

MVO Everyday Coverage in Light & Medium: Another disappointing sample, mainly because the product leaked all over the inside of the lid making it very difficult to get enough product out to actually use. From what I have tried, it provides light coverage and evens the tone fairly well. With Mary's suggestion, I mixed whatever I could with my Sappho foundation and really loved the combo. Light seems to be a better match for me, however, I like the glow that medium gives. Once I use up the sunscreens that I currently have, I might pick up this one.


#8 Creamy Dusty Rose (top) & #3 Berry Aubergine (bottom)

W3LL People Universality Multi-Use Colour Stick in #3 Berry Aubergine (luminous) and #8 Creamy Dusty Rose (matte): I've already fallen in love with #7 Creamy Peony and the formula of this product, and wanted to try more. When I first saw the shades in person, I thought I would end up loving #8..I don't. It's a beautiful pink, on the melon side, but I just don't like how it looks on me. #3, on the other hand, is surprisingly beautiful on! It's definitely an aubergine shade that can be sheered out or built up. I even like using it on my lids, although it does crease. Both wear well, all day, on the cheeks. Will likely purchase the full size of #7 at some point.

L to R: Ilia Lipstick in Femme Fatale and Lip Conditioner in Crimson & Clover

Ilia Lipstick in Femme Fatale and Lip Conditioner in Crimson & Clover: I love Ilia and my all time fave is the lip conditioner in Arabian Knights. Femme Fatale is a beautiful true red that can be sheered out for daily wear or intensified if you're going out at night or feeling cheeky during the day. I won't lie, I wish I had picked it up instead of Bang Bang. Crimson & Clover is a super bright, pigmented orangey red. I think it's more on the red side than orange when compared to Wild Child, correct me if I'm wrong. It's absolutely beautiful, but it's not a shade I feel comfortable wearing often. It's definitely the most pigmented and long wearing lip conditioner, of Ilia's that I've tried, because it acts like a stain. Will pick up Femme Fatale once I use up Bang Bang.

There are more swatches below, should you want to take a look. I think it's great that Fresh Faced offers samples but, be cautious of which samples you choose because some of them are totally not worth it (for example shampoo).

L to R: Light, medium, #3, and #8

L to R: Light, medium, #3, and #8 

L to R: Ilia Lipstick in Femme Fatale and Lip Conditioner in Crimson & Clover
post signature

2 comments:

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...