Friday, October 04, 2013

Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Illuminating Toner Review

I'm addicted to toner, it's no lie. I love floral waters, but there are times when I want to try a toner with more than one beneficial ingredient. Since my mom loves this stuff and it was on sale for $8 CAN on well.ca, I thought what the hay! Excuse my secret, unintentional, rhyming talent. Andalou Naturals is a great brand and while they're not Canadian, their products are affordable, easy to find, and work rather well.


Description: Fruit Stem Cell Complex, superfruit antioxidants, and Vitamin C, work as powerful cell energizers to target hyperpigmentation and UV damage, improving skin tone and texture. Aloe vera effectively hydrates and oxygenates, balancing pH, and stimulating circulation for healthy luminosity.

 I buy brightening products and can't even tell whether they actually brighten or not. Major fail on my part.  In my defence, I haven't used it long enough and I don't think a toner will have that much of a impact. Either way, I love it as a toner. It comes in a plastic spray bottle, which is rather sturdy and probably great for travelling with. I haven't experienced any leakage or malfunctioning of the spray apparatus (fancy word, huh?). It sprays a beautiful fine mist that kinda excites me more than the toner itself. I hate when spray bottles splat large droplets all over your face and it feels like you just washed it again. A fine mist is a must! It smells just like tangerines, very refreshing in my books, and it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin at all. I use this at night mostly, but on occasion I enjoy a mid day refresher with it. This is a fantastic toner, highly recommend, and both my mom and I would 100% repurchase. I plan on trying more products from the brightening line.

Retails for approx. $10 CAN/ $12.95 USD for 6 fl oz. Can be purchased through Well.ca, Andalou Naturals, and other retailers worldwide.

Have you ever tried this toner or anything from Andalou Naturals?


Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lauric Acid, Fruit Stem Cell and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Citrus Clementina (Clementine) and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Glycolic Acid, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos), Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis and Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extracts*†, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) and Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oils*
*Organic
† Fair Trade
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I love their pumpkin mask from this brightening line <3 I've been eyeing pore minimizer toner, everyone is obsessed with toners that have acids so i'll have to try this and hope for the best :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their pumpkin mask is amazing. I'm an acid advocate! In moderation of course. Plus, most of these products don't have a low enough PH to make the acid as effective as a real peel. Good luck! xo

      Delete
  2. I did buy one of their hairsprays and a conditioner and I love them both. They smell amazing (not something I normally say about hairspray! ha!) and the conditioner feels very creamy, which is not always true of vegan products. I haven't tried any of their skincare yet though, but I've heard very good things about them! This toner does sound very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their products all smell lovely! I was less than impressed with their conditioner range, but you and I are different on that front (lol). I think you'll enjoy their skin care products. Start with the pumpkin glycolic mask, soooooo good! Xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm really not sure because I use so many other things that it's hard to tell if this specifically lightens them.

      Delete
  4. Sorry for commenting on an older post -- I've just ordered this from Well.ca (and eagerly waiting for it to come to me!). You mention that you use it as a mid-day refresher, do you find it affects your makeup at all? Either negatively or positively. I am afraid it would break the makeup down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize! I actually use it to set my makeup every morning and find it works well. When my makeup starts to look a little cakey or off, I mist this and then press a brush or my fingers into my skin to smooth the makeup out. You're gonna love it!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...