Wednesday, July 31, 2013

TAG: Skin Care

The lovely Ana, Ana Goes Green, tagged me to do this...tag. I've always had a love for skin care and, as an aesthetician, I know the importance of finding a good regime. Seeing as I love tags, I was super excited to do this one.

Describe your skin care routine in 5 words.

It's really hard not to copy Ana's answer to this one because it was bang on, but I''ll just add to it.

Simple, gentle, calming, nourishing, and effective. Regardless of skin type, you should always keep your routine fairly simple and always use products that work to maintain your skin's moisture levels without irritating it.

What’s your skin type?

Dehydrated, sensitive, and hormonal (imbalance). When I say hormonal, I don't mean I get breakouts only  during my period. I can get and generally have a bit of acne along my chin, jaw line and neck. It's not extremely horrible and I find it actually clears up when I'm on my period, imagine that.

What’s your favourite skin care product?

I honestly don't have just one, don't make me choose! Fine, toner and facial oils. I love toner year round as a refresher, cleanser (on no makeup days), makeup setter, etc. Facial oils are so nourishing to the skin and they have the ability to heal, correct, and protect.

Top blemish zapper.

Clay & honey mask and/or tamanu & sea buckthorn oil. Both work well alone or in combination with each other.

Face wipes yay or nay?

Ugh *cringe*, nay. If I'm desperate, then I'll use one but I won't enjoy it.

High-end skin care or high-end make-up?

Skin care for sure!! Skin care is a daily thing for me and my true love.

What’s the most unusual skin care product you've tried?

There is no such thing as an unusual skin care product...or maybe there is...I have no clue. Can I say pass?

You’re in a pharmacy and can only pick up one item – what is it?

Aloe vera juice/gel/liquid. It can be used as a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and skin soother all in one.

Tell us your top skin care tips:

Be good to your skin. It's essential that you use gentle products and keep your skin care routine simple. From someone who loves trying out new things, I know that sometimes all the stuff I try/use causes me to breakout, dry out and get blotchy. Why complicate your daily routine with too many products?

Be sure to exfoliate regularly. If you use a very gentle exfoliator or a silicone pad (like Sephora's), you can likely exfoliate daily. If you're using a more abrasive scrub or acid, try only using it 1 to 3 times a week.

Masks, masks, masks. They're great for degunking your skin and/or hydrating your skin.

Facials oils are a must. They're perfect for use at night when your skin is looking to reboot itself after a long day of fighting off free radicals, pollution, weather, etc, all while allowing your skin to breathe still.

These are my three favourite facial oils, powerhouse facial oils. They work wonders at keeping my skin clear because of their ability to fight acne, UV damage & prevent/fade acne scars. 

Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil, Fruit Oil & Tamanu.

ADORE this Sephora Silicone pad for gentle, yet effective, cleansing & exfoliating. I use it morning & night, my skin loves it.


I tag all of you, and make sure you link to it below so that I can read them. I also tag: Marcella (Naturally Marcy), Caitie (Naturally Beauty), Vivi (Eco Beauty Secrets), Jana (Small Bits of Loveliness), Alexis (Green Beauty Bunny), and Sarah (Sugarpuffish).

xo

10 comments:

  1. Loved your replies! I need to find one of those silicone pads and add more masks to my routine, face wipe bit made me laugh, they should be banned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :). The silicone pad is amazingggggg, I forgot how much I loved it. If you can't find it, I can send you one :)

      Delete
  2. Nicole! Thanks so much for taggin me!:) So happy:D Hihi :P
    And great answers, i definitely agree with some :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Face wipes are great for getting off heavy camera makeup, but you've almost always got to cleanse underneath. I think a lot of the girls walking around complaining about bad skin have never been told that they do need a real cleanser and toner!! That wipe won't give you a deep clean!! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, what a fun read! I never knew about those Sephora silicone exfoliating pads - now on my must-have list :-)! I can't wait to read what everyone else writes too! Also, what is the Fruit Oil that you mention? And which Tamanu and sea buckthorn brands do you like? Sometimes hard to find cold-pressed and organic versions. Lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use SBT seabuckthorn seed oil and fruit oil, both are by a Canadian company called SBT seabuckthorn. Been really enjoying their oils. As for the tamanu, I'm loving Hedd Wyn which is another Canadian brand. Both brands are the ones pictured above ;)

      Delete
  5. Loved reading this. I want to try one of those silicone pads now:) Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll love the pad, promise! No problem, can't wait to read yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...