Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Facial Mask Review

I have a real soft spot for Pangea products, they're wonderful and work well. After having a horrible reaction to their eye cream, I was extremely worried to try anything else from the line, but something told me to give their discovery kit a try. So glad I did because their cleanser is my absolutely favourite and their toners are fantastic. Is it a shock that I've fallen in love with their mask as well? Probably not.


Description:  Our multi-purpose mask relies on nothing but nature to provide you with the best in beauty. Green and white clays work together to help restore, balance, cleanse, and detoxify; four sea vegetables re-mineralize, hydrate, and oxygenate cells; sugarcane serves to exfoliate, unclog pores, and stimulate the production of elastin and collagen; acai and goji berry extracts lend their extraordinary super-powers as antioxidants, functioning as regenerative “food” for the skin; jojoba and sunflower seed oils nourish and moisturize; three teas are employed in both whole leaf and extract forms to ensure maximum potency for antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and energizing effects; and a harmonious blend of extremely concentrated herbal extracts and essential oils further nurture the skin and senses. Using this mask just once will noticeably improve the quality, tone, and texture of your skin – you’ll be amazed at how soft, glowing, and radiant your skin will be.

This mask is even better than I remember. The squeeze tube that it comes in is ideal for travel, dispensing the right about of product, and it looks cute. Can I get a woot woot for basic cute packaging? Woot woot! What's important to note about the packaging is that the plastic cap closes realllllly tightly preventing the possibility of a spill/leak. Well, I guess there's always a possibility but it's less likely to happen. Now, for the actual mask; it's a chunky and gritty textured mask (see below) that can be a tad messy to apply and wash off. It tingles a little and if it's put too close to the eyes, it'll likely make them water. I apply a thin layer on my face and neck, let sit for 10-15 min, wet my fingers and massage for a gentle exfoliation, and then wash off. Once removed, my skin is left exactly how they said it would be..."soft, glowing and radiant". I find it really evens out my skin tone, texture, and helps reduce any redness that I may have. It's a beautiful mask, honestly. The only con is the price, it's about $40 CAN for 4oz. I purchased it when Saffron Rouge was having a sale and clearing out their Pangea stock for, I think, $24 CAN.Since I only use it once a week, it is a mask that I would consider repurchasing at full price.

Retails for approx. $40 CAN for 4oz. Can be purchased at some health food stores, Well.ca, and Pangea Organics/Pangea Organics Canada.

Have you ever tried this mask or any other Pangea products?



Ingredients: INGREDIENTS: AQUA (PURIFIED WATER), GLYCERIN (VEGETABLE), ALCOHOL (SDA 38B ORGANIC LAVENDER), BENTONITE (WHITE CLAY), MONTMORILLONITE (GREEN CLAY), GIGARTINA PAPILLATA (WILDCRAFTED SEAWEED), CAMELLIA SINENSIS (ORGANIC GREEN TEA) POWDER, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (ORGANIC MATCHA TEA) POWDER, ALARIA MARGINATA (WILDCRAFTED SEA VEGETABLE), GLYCEROL STEARATE, LECITHIN (SOY), SUCROSE STEARATE, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (WILDCRAFTED IRISH MOSS), SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM (ORGANIC CANE SUGAR), SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (ORGANIC JOJOBA) OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (ORGANIC SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, CITRUS NOBILIS (ORGANIC GREEN MANDARIN) OIL*, XANTHAN GUM, MIXED TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), MYRTUS COMMUNIS (ORGANIC GREEN MYRTLE) OIL*, LAVANDULA MAILETTE (ORGANIC LAVENDER MAILETTE) OIL*, EUTERPE OLERACEA (ACAI) EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM (ORGANIC GOJI BERRY) EXTRACT, CAMELIA SINENSIS (ORGANIC GREEN TEA) EXTRACT, ILEX PARAGUARIENSIS (ORGANIC YERBA MATE) EXTRACT, OCIMUM BASILICUM LINALOL (ORGANIC BASIL LINALOL) OIL*, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (ORGANIC CALENDULA) EXTRACT, ROSA GALLICA (FRENCH ROSE) EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (ORGANIC LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, LAMINARIA DIGITATA (ORGANIC KELP) EXTRACT, MENTHA PIPERITA (ORGANIC PEPPERMINT) EXTRACT

*essential oil

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it is pretty pricey for a mask.. which made me remember that I haven't really been buying any facial mask recently because of the same reason.

    Because facial masks are one of the few beauty stuff I can easily DIY, I usually just stick to my kitchen essentials to take care of the job. But I splurge a lot, sometimes a bit too much, on other parts of my skincare. :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and am with you, I've been DIYing my masks too because it is so easy to do. It's fun to buy a mask once in a while just to compare and try something new though.

      Delete
  2. And oh, something unrelated...

    have you noticed how most products containing matcha look rather icky? :p

    but they rarely disappoint, too, in terms of performance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the review of our mask...it is one of my favorite products! I am delighted and proud to be part of the Pangea Organics movement! When you are ready to try other Pangea Organics products stop by my Organic Angels page: http://www.PangeaOrganics.com/OrganicAngels
    XOXO - Tami Hoffman – Beauty Ecologist #50610

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...