Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Bees Knees! - Bee 23 Hotty Body Balm Review

I am so excited to share this review with you guys. Back in April, I went to the Green Living Show in Toronto. If you haven't already checked out my haul and experience  posts, you can do so by clicking the words. I came across Michelle's booth, early in my walk around the show, and was instantly intrigued by her and her products.


Michelle Rosetta, creator of Bee 23, started this line out of need. She regularly suffered from headaches and realized it was from her (chemical filled) perfume. In recognizing this, she started doing more research and came to the realization that there are many products out there that are filled with chemical nasties which heavily and negatively impact our body and those around us. Michelle began playing around with ingredients and came up several products, one of which is the Hotty Balm. None of the products contain water, which make the shelf life rather long, they're free of all chemicals, not tested on animals, and proudly made in Canada. Right off the bat, Michelle is vivacious, excited, proud, happy, and all around a beautiful person. She's passionate and proud of her products and with good reason.



Description: Mango Mornings soothes and revives your skin gently with jasmine and lavender, while awakening your inner essence with notes of tangerine. There are no synthetic chemical additives in this all natural product. Let the magic of high quality essential oils, herbs and carrier oils in these creamy body balms caress your skin.

After much deliberation and standing at Michelle's booth like weirdo, my boyfriend helped me decide and actually bought the hotty balm for me. I love the reusable tin, how much product you get, how bright the labels are, and how minimal the packaging is. Eco friendly? I think so. The tin closes tightly which is great for when you're travelling. The balm itself is hard in texture, yet soft enough to scoop with your (clean and dry) fingers. It melts beautifully between your hands and on your body. It easily and quickly absorbs into the skin, resulting in grease free skin. I've been using this on my super dry bits, usually after showering, and it's made them SO soft. I'm sure if I was better at reapplying then I wouldn't have dry bits, but what can ya do? Reapply, I know. When I first saw Mango Mornings, I was expecting the sweet scent of mangoes but my nose quickly acknowledged that there is no scent. A little disappointed? I was too until I thought of all the positives to no scent: 1. I can't get sick of a scent that doesn't exist. 2. It can't offend anyone. 3. Those sensitive to scents can use it. 4. I can use it in combination with a more fragrant body oil. 5. That's all I got right now.  Okay, I shouldn't say that there is no scent because there's an ever so slight sweet jasmine aroma. I typically hate the way jasmine smells on me (it smells like ass in case you were wondering) but, like I said, it's practically unscented. I think this body balm is the bees knees and you should definitely try it out. Would I repurchase? Yes! 

Retails for $19.95 CAN for 6.76 fl.oz. You can purchase it through Bee 23 directly and through these retailers.

Have you ever tried any Bee 23 products? Which looks the most appealing to you?





Ingredients: Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower)Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifer (Grape) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula Oil), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavendula Officinalis (Lavender), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Oil, Jasiminum Officinalis (Jasmine)

5 comments:

  1. Eco Diva you are the bees knees!! Thank you so much for your review. You are very good at what you do in regards to explanation and pictures.

    All my very best,

    Michelle Rosetta a.k.a. Queen BEE:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Michelle! Love your balm & I hope my review gives your wonderful company some exposure. Xo

      Delete
  2. Haha "it smells like ass in case you were wondering" I know exactly what you mean I'm not a fan of jasmine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm glad I'm not alone. It smells beautiful on some people though.

      Delete
  3. What a nice review, thank you:)
    Sound like a very interesting products..It is a bit strange to buy a product that is called Mango Mornings but has nothing to do with mango though..

    Ila x

    I have just started my own blog about natural and organic skin products, would be lovely if you could pass by and let me know what you think :)

    Ila x

    http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...