Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lush Fresh Faced Masks: Brazened Honey Review

As some of you may know, I worked at Lush over the holiday season and got to try a few (and avoid many) of their products. They are by no means a clean brand but I do love that they support so many different causes. Their Fresh Faced Masks, which must be kept in the fridge and expire within 3 weeks, are top sellers world wide. A few people have asked for reviews and so I will be reviewing a few of them, starting with Brazened Honey.

Description: Brazened Honey was inspired by traditional Indian ayurvedic principles, which put emphasis on balance as the foundation to health. Helen combined fresh free-range eggs and honey to soften, with astringent lime oil, antiseptic rosemary and exfoliating ground almonds. Kaolin reaches deep down into pores to pull out dirt and impurities, leaving your skin noticeably brighter and fresher. Our deepest cleansing mask, Brazened Honey is the perfect way to revive sluggish or congested skin.

This mask is nice and is best suited for dull complexions. I apply it, let it sit for 10 minutes, wet my fingers and then massage it in to get the benefits of the ground almonds before washing it off completely. It definitely leaves skin noticeably brighter and softer but, also a little red (if you're sensitive). I actually like that it's kept in the fridge because it's very cooling when first applied. Is it my fave Lush mask? No. I say, mix up a similar concoction at home suited to your skin's needs and conditions. Kaolin clay + honey = BAM! If you're not a stickler about ingredients, then I recommend this mask because it does deliver. Would I repurchase? No because I prefer my clay mask mixtures.

Retails for $6.95 CAN for 2.1 oz and can only be purchased at a Lush store.

Have you ever tried this mask?
.
Image from Lush.ca
Ingredients: Kaolin , Talc , Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia) ,Sage (Salvia officinalis) Infusion , Rosemary and Juniperberry Infusion (Salvia officinalis, Rosmarinus officinalis, Juniperus communis) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Glycerine ,Fresh Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) , Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Bentonite Gel ,Fresh Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis) , Fresh Parsley (Carum petroselinum) , Fresh Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) , Ground Turmeric (Curcuma longa) , Ground Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale) , Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) ,Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis) , *Benzyl Salicylate ,*Eugenol , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Linalool , Perfume
Green ingredients = Natural ingredients
Black ingredients = Safe synthetics

2 comments:

  1. Hello hello, thanks for you review :)
    I never tried their masks before but I didn't know about them having a "dark side" if you know what I mean..
    I have just started my own natural beauty products blog and I am trying to familiarise with products and brands so I would like to know more about Lush!

    Ila x

    http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on starting up a clean blog! I have just followed you :). I think getting more familiar with ingredients will help you a great deal, I'm still learning :) xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...