Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Cleansing Cloths Review

I'm not a big fan of cleansing cloths because I generally find them irritating and useless. For some reason, I always want to try them anyway. What's wrong with me?! I was a little excited when I found Kaia Juicy Bamboo Cleansing Cloths in my February Seasons Box and have been using them on and off (on my lazy days) for the last month.

Description: No matter how late it is, or how tired you are before falling into bed, Kaia Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloths will cleanse your skin and remove impurities and makeup without rinsing or water! This four-in-one product performs the combined function of a cleanser, toner, eye make-up remover, and cleansing cloth, leaving your skin feeling refreshed, soothed, and nourished. Formulated with organic Canadian honey and infused with eight pure citrus essential oils and sunflower seed oil, it cleans impurities without leaving behind a tight-skin feeling. These cleansing cloths are so effective that they remove mascara, even waterproof mascara, gently, without tugging and pulling! Suited for all skin types including sensitive.

I love the idea behind these cloths and, surprisingly, they didn't irritate my skin or eyes at all. The citrus scent is rather fresh and light. It removes my mineral makeup fantastically, however, I still cleanse with my regular cleanser after using this wipe. Now, it says that it removes waterproof mascara, is it safe to say that it's supposed to remove all waterproof makeup or just waterproof mascara? Below I did an experiment. In school, we were practising bridal makeup and, therefore, everything used was pretty much waterproof (minus brows, which weren't filled in, and mascara). I took a picture of me with makeup but, stupidly, forgot to take a picture after. Basically, I used the cloth on my face and still had a boat load of makeup left. I mean, it helped, you can see the cleansing wipe removed some of the makeup, but it wasn't enough. I also find that these clothes aren't super wet like most, which I really don't mind. If you like wet or super wet clothes, these may not be for you. Since I don't wear much makeup on a regular basis or own anything waterproof, and these don't irritate me at all, I'd consider purchasing the travel size just to keep in my purse for emergencies.

Full size (pictured below) retails for approx. $15.50 CAN for 30 wipes and travel size retails for approx. $19.50 for 20 individually wrapped cloths. Check out Kaia Naturals to purchase or find a store that sells them.

What's your take on cleansing cloths? Yay or nay?


 


Ingredients: Essential Oils: Grapefruit Oil, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Bergamont, Mandarin Oil, Orange Oil, Spearmint Oil, Tangerine Oil Ingredients: Water/Agua, Acacia Gum, Xantham gum, Canadian organic honey , Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzethonium Chloride

2 comments:

  1. These ingredients look way nicer than some of the other cleansing wipes I've tried. Good to hear they didn't sting either- that was my major complaint with the others I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree. I was completely shocked that they didn't burn, I guess I just expect all wipes to lol

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...