Saturday, April 20, 2013

Weleda Refining Toner Review

I received this little special treat when I ordered a few Pangea items from Saffron Rouge. I adore ordering from them, despite the high required subtotal in order to get free shipping, and you can read about my very first experience with them here. Anyway, I love toners and I love free stuff so how excited was I to get this?! Pretty excited!

Description: This refreshing natural facial toner purifies your skin and refines the pores after cleansing. Balanced skin begins with Biodynamic® iris root extract in our Weleda Refining Toner, which regulates moisture balance at the visible surface of your skin. Mildly astringent organic wild rose leaf extract in this natural facial toner clarifies your skin while organic lemon juice, high in vitamin C and mildly astringent, refines the pores. The subtle, fresh fragrance of natural essential oils in this natural facial toner revives your senses.

Enter shattered excitement. Weleda killed it like a frat boy at a kegger..and not in a good way...or is there a good way? I dunno but dang! This burns! I knew it would, since the second ingredient is alcohol, but I hoped and I hoped some more that it would be amazing. I love that this toner comes in a dark blue bottle and has a dropper, controlled pouring people, that's what it's all about. Downside is that the bottle is so heavy that I can't imagine travelling with it. The product itself burns upon application and leaves my skin red and dry. I've tried using it on my body (chest, shoulders, back) and although it works slightly better, my skin is still left irritated. Pardon my alcohol references, BUTTTT this smells like lemon vodka. I can hear and feel my nose hairs sizzle when I catch a whiff of this stuff. While I love a little lemon vodka in my lemonade, I do not love it on my skin. Many of Weleda's products are winner, however, this one is not and it's not something I'd purchase in the future.

Retails for approx. $19.99 CAN for 100ml. It can be purchased at most health food stores, as well as through Weleda.

Have you ever tried this toner? If yes, did you enjoy it? If no, would you give it a try?



3 comments:

  1. I love some of my Weleda products but I feel the way about their skincare, very disspointing, I have had the burning from their pomegranate cream luckily it was a free sample. The alcohol content is just too high! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's insane that the alcohol content is so high in skin care products! I'm glad you feel the same way as I do about Weleda.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...