Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bubs & Scrubs Coconut Milk Soap Review

This was yet another product that Marcella sent me in our swap last month. I had actually picked it because I love trying new soaps, mostly to see how they compare to Hugo Naturals. Nothing compares to Hugo Naturals! I can't remember the site that I selected it from but hopefully Marcella will post it below. She's been busy with school and I definitely don't want to bother her.

Description: This all natural coconut milk soap is as pure as it gets. We've made it without any added scent or color; simply luxurious. The addition of coconut milk creates a remarkably creamy lather and is gentle enough for your face, babies and all skin types.

The Good:
  • gentle
  • cleansing
  • hydrating
  • scentless (also falls under The Bad)
  • perfect for babies and those with allergies
  • minimal & cute packaging
The Bad:
  • scentless
  • somewhat expensive

Verdict: Not bad but it's no Hugo. The fact that there's no scent is great for those who are ultra sensitive to them and babies, however I like my soap to smell nice. On the plus, they do have scented coconut milk soaps. I found it did a nice job of cleansing and hydrating my skin. There were days when I didn't even need to moisturize anything but my elbows, knees and feet. It's super gentle, never irritated my skin or lady bits. In terms of pricing, it's can be expensive depending on where you buy it from, it ranges from $4 USD to $6.50 USD for a 3.5oz bar. The minimal and wax paper packaging and logo on the soap itself is really cute. I also enjoy the minimal ingredient list. I would definitely be interested in trying more of their bar soaps.

Retails for approx. $4 - $6.50 USD for a 3.5oz bar. Check out Bubs & Scrubs for more info.



INCI Listing of Ingredients: Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Distilled Water, Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil and Cocos Nucifera Extract

Common Names of Ingredients: Olive Oil, Distilled Water, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Castor Oil and Coconut Milk

3 comments:

  1. http://www.abesmarket.com/store/bubsandscrubs/

    Pssh, I am never too busy to help you add. So glad you enjoyed the gentle soap! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops, I meant to type "help you out." I think school is getting to me!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...