Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Roots Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil Review

I've been hearing about Sea Buckthorn Oil for a little while now. It's a semi-rich oil that's great for calming and healing rosacea, eczema, acne, dry skin, balancing oily skin, anti-aging and much more. My skin is so sensitive and reactive all year round, I've finally come to terms with it. The constant weather change here has made me extremely dry and I just love playing with facial oils, so I thought what the heck! Side note: my journey into making my own facial serums is still going to happen, my first batch wasn't impressive and now I want to see what oils do great things for my skin before mixing another batch.

Description: Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil is an excellent source of both omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in a naturally effective 1:1 ratio, along with being a rich source of omega 9. Sea Buckthorn seed oil fast absorbing, and light in colour and texture yet rich in vitamins E and K, its antioxidant properties rank it among the premium oils for nurturing and protecting skin. Stronger skin cell membranes and better collagen creation will improved the elasticity of skin for a healthy, youthful appearance. 

The Good:
  • light fragrance
  • moisturizing
  • acne reducing/clearing
  • calming
  • balancing
The Bad:
  • worst bottle ever
Verdict: I'm really thrilled to have discovered a new type of oil that works well with my skin. I was using it for about a week, morning and night, and noticed a significant improvement in the hydration level, tone and number of breakouts. I then started playing with a mixture of 1 pump tamanu and 4 drops sea buckthorn and I swear they are a dream team together! I apply it to my face, neck and chest and can honestly say that my skin hasn't looked this good, for this long in a very long time. I still have acne scars and haven't really noticed those fading. There are so many brands of sea buckthorn oil and I will say that I don't recommend New Roots because of the bottle.  The bottle leaks and doesn't close properly. No matter how tight I turn the top, it slides (yes, slides) open and causes such a darn mess. I had to put it into another glass dropper bottle because oil was leaking everywhere. I will definitely repurchase sea buckthorn oil, however, it will be from a different brand.

Retails for approx. $23 CAN for 30ml. Sea Buckthorn Oil is sold at most health food stores.

What are your thoughts on sea buckthorn oil?




Ingredients: sea buckthorn oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...