Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm in Mocha Cocoa Review

The wonderful Marcella, from Naturally Marcy, sent me this lip balm in our swap and I cannot put it down! I see badger products in most health food stores, and in blogs, but never really thought to try anything from them. I am so happy that she sent me this to try because I think it's going to be a must have from now on.

Description: A Little Magic for your Lips! Our dreamy Cocoa Butter Lip Balms come in a larger .25oz stick with a magical Badger on the label! These creamy lip balms feature rich, Certified Organic and Fair Trade CertifiedTM Cocoa Butter, which has the sultry fragrance of dark chocolate. Our Cocoa Butter is traditionally processed at low temperatures, allowing the butter to retain its natural, health-giving properties. Flavored with all natural steam distilled essential oils - no artificial sweeteners or fragrances. We may be a little biased, but these are some of the best lip balms we've ever tried! (We think you'll probably agree.)

The Good:
  • larger than most lip balms
  • incredibly hydrating
  • smooth application
  • amazing ingredients
  • great value for price
The Bad:
  • scent/flavour
Verdict: I  LOVE this lip balm! It's larger than a traditional balm both in weight and width (see below) which makes application smooth and easy. It's incredibly hydrating, beats out the Antipodes Lime Leaf and Cocoa Butter lip balm hands down. The weather has been darn cold in Canada and it's the only balm that I've been reaching for. The only down side, is the scent. While I'm starting to like it more than when I originally smelled it, I can see myself getting sick of it eventually. Chocolate and coffee scented anything,especially lip balms, don't tend to tickle my fancy as much as mint and peppermint do. Luckily, Marcella sent me the Mint one too! It smells a little like chocolate as well, thanks to the wonderful cocoa butter, but the mint is prominent. I will definitely purchase when I use these up. Go pick one up!

Retails for approx. $6 or 7 CAN for .25oz. Can be purchased at most health food stores or from Badger directly.

What are your favourite Badger products?




Base Ingredients: *Theobroma Cacao (Organic & Fair Trade CertifiedTM Cocoa) Butter, *Olea Europaea (Organic Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Cera Alba (Organic Beeswax), *Ricinus Communis (Organic Castor) Oil, *Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Extract, and CO2 Extracts of *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Organic Rosemary), *Rosa Canina (Organic Rosehip), & *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Organic Seabuckthorn).
Mocha Cocoa: CO2 Extract of *Coffea Arabica (Organic Coffee).
* = Certified Organic

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I love the badger lip balms, I have tried the vanilla bean one and really you could only smell the cocoa butter in it but doesn't bother me cause they are intensely moisturising and organic so you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Omg fantastic right? I smelled them all and you're right, cocoa butter aka chocolatey scent. I'm over it because you really can't beat these balms!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review, and thanks to Marcella for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...