Saturday, January 05, 2013

Andalou Naturals Avo Cocoa Skin Food Mask Review

I picked this up when I went to visit Lisa from Serenity on the Humber Spa.  She's absolutely fantastic! We spent countless hours discussing different products and she was trying to clear out inventory, because she had purchased way too much, so most things were 50% off!! I will be doing a post about her and her spa soon.  Having loved the Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask, I though I'd love this as well so I picked it up for $12 CAN. 

Description: Fruit Stem Cell Complex, dark cocoa and organic avocado oil, abundant in Vitamin E, superfruit antioxidants, and amino acids, deeply nourishes dry, damaged, and depleted skin, stimulating healthy cell renewal and dermal structure for soft, smooth texture, and a beautiful, nurtured complexion.

The Good:
  • smells exactly like friggen chocolate! Can you say nom nom nom? NOM NOM NOM
  • a little goes a long way
  • hydrating
The Bad:
  • too heavy for MY skin
  • made my acne more apparent (weird :S)
  • burned/tingled, leaving my face red
  • leaves a film
  • heavy glass jar
Verdict: Blah, such a disappointing product. It's a thick chocolate mousse consistency. It spreads and applies really nicely, requiring only a small amount to be needed for the entire face, but feels like it's burning my skin. I'm not sure what's causing that but I gave this a few tries and it happened each time. I find it difficult to remove and while my skin is hydrated, it feels like there's an oily film left. Luckily, toner removes that annoying residue yet still leaves my skin soft. It comes in a heavy glass container, like their other mask, so I used a wooden "popsicle" stick to take out desired amount. It would have been wonderful if it was in a squeeze tube instead of the jar, easier to travel with and definitely more hygienic.  Perhaps my skin just isn't dry enough for this mask, I will not be repurchasing it.

Retails for approx $15.99 CAN and can be purchased at most health food stores.  Check out Andalou for more info.

Have you tried this rich chocolately mask?



Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder*†, Vegetable Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter*, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*†, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) and Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oils*, Cyamopsis Tetragonolobus (Guar) Gum*, Sclerotium Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Juice*, Fruit Stem Cell and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Extract*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Resveratrol, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) and Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oils*, Lecithin, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract*†
*Organic
† Fair Trade
Made naturally without GMO’s, gluten, paraben preservatives, petrochemicals, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic colors, dyes and fragrances. Verified Gluten-Free 100% Eco-friendly, Vegetarian & Cruelty-Free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...