Sunday, November 25, 2012

Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream Review

I've mentioned the Weleda Almond Soothing line before and even swore by their facial lotion for months.  I had the opportunity to try the facial cream, which is thicker, and had high hopes that it would be as amazing as their lotion. I was pretty disappointed.

Description: Sensitive dry skin gets deep, calming nourishment with this hypoallergenic facial cream. It’s a moisture-intensive, fragrance-free treatment that restores your skin’s natural balance and strengthens its protective barrier without irritating your skin. Organic sweet almond oil contains a high amount of essential fatty acids that are extremely well tolerated by sensitive skin and protect your skin from drying out. Plum kernel oil absorbs quickly and easily, rushing in antioxidants and vitamins A and E to smooth and soothe your reactive skin. Your skin feels as calm and soft as a newborn baby’s. Indulge in intensive skin care and give your dry, sensitive skin the delicious drink of protective nourishment it deserves.

Review: This cream comes in the same apothecary tin as most of Weleda's other facial products, which is light and perfect to travel with.  The lotion itself smells faintly of almonds and is definitely a richer texture than the facial lotion.  I didn't find that this absorbed into my skin as well as the lotion, it left me feeling a bit greasy, still dehydrated in certain areas (nose & forehead) and gave me red bumps on my forehead.  I used it for about a week and then gave up on it. I have started using this on the back of my arms, hands and feet and love it for that purpose.  I will not be purchasing this nor do I recommend it but I love every other Weleda product that I have tried and do recommend trying out the Almond Facial Lotion instead.

Retails for approx. $27 CAN for 30ml and can be purchased at any health food store including Noah's, which is who I won this cream from.

What's your favourite Weleda product?



Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

1 comment:

  1. What do you recommend for someone with dry, sensitive skin? I'm looking for a facial cleanser that will remove makeup and a moisturizer to follow. I don't really want anymore steps than that and I'd love something natural, without preservatives or synthetics, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...