Sunday, November 18, 2012

Shea Terra African Black Soap Bar Review

This is another black soap item that I picked up in my Shea Terra haul a few weeks back. I bought this with hopes that it would help clear up the little acne that I have on my chest, shoulders and back as well as lighten any acne scars I have in those areas.

Description: 100% Natural. Genuine African black soap for smooth, blemish free skin. Ancient formula naturally breaks down dead skin revealing firmer, younger looking skin beneath.

It smells exactly the same as the Rose Hips Black Soap Face Wash which doesn't tell you much except that it's masculine. It tingles when applied to any break outs, I felt it mostly on my chest. I didn't really find that this worked at getting rid of any acne but it did work really well to exfoliate. It's not a smooth textured soap, it's almost like a light sand paper. Not gritty where it feels like you have sand particles all over the place, but the soap itself feels like sand paper when you rub it on your body which creates a deep exfoliation. I did use this soap daily when I first got it, but realized that it wasn't helping with what I initially bought it for and decided to use it as an exfoliation bar instead.  I use it a few times a week and really love how soft it makes my skin. Also, using it daily made my skin dry out a bit. It lathers up quite nicely considering there's no SLS in it and I didn't use it on my sensitive bits, if you catch my drift lol. I haven't noticed my skin looking firmer or anything so I can't vouch for that claim. It is black soap and therefore rubs off on my skin as brownish/black soap but doesn't stain my skin nor my white shower at all. I don't think that I would repurchase this specific soap again, however, I would like to try one of Shea Terra's other bar soaps.

Retails for approx. $8.99 and can be purchase through Shea Terra or in stores at Healthy Planet.

What's your take on black soap for cleansing your body?




Ingredients:  USDA certified organic virgin coconut cream oil, African black soap (cocoa pod ash, plaintain peel ash, palm kernel oil, camwood), 24% USDA certified organic shea butter, certified organic, extra virgin olive oil, spring water, sodium hydroxide.

3 comments:

  1. Nicole! It's been awhile since I've commented because I'm so busy with classes. But I have been following your posts through email I promise! :) I think I'm willing to try black soap despite its appearance. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heyyy! omgosh no worries! I've been neglecting making comments on yours as well, so I'm going to do that now while I have a few moments. You should try black soap for your face, amazing!

      Delete
  2. African black soap has started gaining momentum in the beauty products market. The goodness of this black soap has started spreading like a wild fire to many parts of the world.

    Organic Shea butter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...