Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Lip Collection

My makeup collection is pretty limited in general and what I have most of are lip products.  I just love playing up, mostly down, my lips with any look I wear.   Even if I'm not all dolled up, having a nice, moisturized and slightly glossy lip makes me look and feel better.  I've seen a few lip collection posts and while mine doesn't even compare, thought I'd do it anyway!

These are my basic, reach for, lip balms. Depending on what my needs or wants are, I generally pick one of these before adding some gloss.

Hurraw! SPF Lip Balm is my go to for sun protection and extra hydration if my lips need the lovin'.  I absolutely love this stuff and will definitely be trying out other flavours once I use up some of the others I have.

Antipodes Organic Lip Balm is my night treatment and lip saviour! If my lips are seriously chapped, then I apply this constantly until they go back to normal.  In serious cases, my lips are healed within a day or two.  Great, great lip balm.  Wish they had other flavours though.

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm was in my Sephora Give Me Some Lip set.  I use this if I want a nice, just bitten rosey lip + SPF protection.  I don't enjoy the rose taste to it and won't purchase a full size, but I am enjoying this mini for now.

Alima Pure Lip Balms in Mango and Rhubarb really grew on me.  I really enjoy them and they're great for getting a light layer of colour.  I sometimes apply gloss over it but other times I wear them alone.  They're more of a sheer lipstick than a balm I'd say, they kind of dry out my lips if I apply it multiple times a day with no gloss.  I'm tempted to buy more but I may just end up trying a different tinted lip balm or maybe even, dare I say it?, a lipstick!

Mary Ginseng House Lip Balm (not shown below) is my car lip balm and that's exactly where it was at the time of these pics lol.  I love that stuff because it makes my lips so soft and glossy.

Left to right: Hurraw, Antipodes, Fresh, Alima in Mango, Alima in Rhubarb

Top to bottom: Hurraw, Antipodes, Fresh, Alima in Mango, Alima in Rhubarb

Next up is my one lip stain(ish) and glosses!

Tarte Matte Lip Tint in Hope was also in my Give Me Some Lip Set and the reason I even purchased the set to begin with.  I love applying this when I'm a little more done up, and by done up I mean full face of makeup whether natural or not.  I can really layer it for an almost pinkish/purple lip or I can sheer it out for a more just bitten lip.  I can wear this matte or with gloss on top.  I just love it!

MarieNatie Lip Glosses in Nearly Wild and Cotton Candy are delicious and lip nutritious! I like to wear these alone or over any of the balms or Tarte stain.  They are so hydrating and while I was on the fence in the beginning due to how sheer they are, I have fallen in love and must try more!

Revolution Organics in Truth is amazing to wear on its own or over a balm as well.  It's sheer but buildable and I love the colour on my lips.  It's very hydrating and all around beautiful.  It smells and tastes weird but I'd totally buy more.

Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage from the Give Me Some Lip Set is a great for wearing alone because it's such a beautiful Fall/Winter colour.  It's a purple mauve colour that I personally love layering over the Tarte stain for a more dark purpley lip.  It's hydrating and slightly sticky so it lasts quite awhile on the lips.

Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Child was, of course, also part of the Give Me Some Lip Set and I love it to lighten the Tarte stain or wear alone when I have a smokey eye.  It's so hydrating and creamy on the lips. 

Left to right: Tarte, MarieNatie in Nearly Wild , MarieNatie in Cotton Candy, Revolution, Bite, Hourglass
Left to right: Tarte, MarieNatie in Nearly Wild , MarieNatie in Cotton Candy, Revolution, Bite, Hourglass
I have absolutely no lipsticks but would love to try a few natural ones.  I've been thinking about trying 100% Pure lip glaze since they have gorgeous colours!

What are some of your favourite lip products?

2 comments:

  1. I love hurraw :) Have you heard of Dle cosmetics? definitely my favorite gloss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't but I just checked out their site and the glosses look gorgeous! What colours do you have and are they true to what the site shows?

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...