Sunday, November 11, 2012

Delicious Obsession: John Masters Zinc & Sage Shampoo with Conditioner Review

I absolutely love John Masters hair and body care products.  His products will cost you a pretty penny but I think they're totally worth it because they last such a long time and are very luxurious.  My boyfriend was never into natural products, healthy eating and exercising yes, but not skin/hair/body care.  While I introduced him to John Masters, he introduced me to this product and I'm so happy he did.

Description: The natural scalp regulators zinc and sage help alleviate itching and flaking caused by over-drying products and cold weather. Wheat protein conditioner leaves hair shiny and manageable while papaya extract and 11 more certified-organic extracts and essential oils help to condition hair, leaving it stronger and fuller. Does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Safe for color-treated hair. 8 fl oz. Cruelty Free. Key ingredients: zinc reduces scalp irritation; natural sunscreen, sage is antibacterial/astringent and strengthens hair, wheat protein helps with comb-through and shine and papaya regenerates and firms hairshaft, making it stronger and fuller.

My boyfriend was originally attracted to the intoxicating scent of this shampoo, it smells like friggen cupcakes!! Who doesn't love cupcakes!? The vanilla scent is so sweet without being sickening, it's my new delicious obsession.  He purchased it based on the scent (mostly) and the claim. He loved it so much that he purchased a backup bottle! What? I couldn't believe it.  He says that it's not only the best smelling natural/organic product ever but it delivers on its claim to alleviate itching and flaking. With a rave like that, how could I not try it out for myself?  Normally I (and apparently my boyfriend as well) don't like the idea of a shampoo and conditioner in one because it can be too heavy but damn this product is good.  It instantly soothes my seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff filled scalp.  I make it sound like my scalp is disgusting, it's not as bad as it sounds but it definitely can be.  Really!

As if I don't tell enough stories, here's another one.  I made a vow in January not to colour my hair after having it screwed up three times by a horrible colourist.  I had most of the colour stripped out of it in January and because it was pretty damaged, I decided I didn't want to further damage it with dye.  The blonde highlights were driving me crazy, so I decided to colour everything below my natural re-growth to make it blend and look better.  Whatever shampoo they used on my scalp just about killed it.  I had flakes everywhere and kept itching it to the point where I was literally bleeding.  The very next morning I washed my hair with Zinc & Sage and my scalp felt so much better.  The itching and flaking were significantly reduced with just that one wash. 

I tried JM Lavender Rosemary Shampoo a few months ago and found it very hard to lather since there is no SLS.  Zinc and Sage on the other hand, lathers really well.  My boyfriend had no problem making it work for him but it took me a few washes to get the right technique down.  I take a quarter sized amount and rub it in-between my hands, pat (yes, pat) it all over the top of my wet hair and begin massaging it into my scalp.  It quickly lathers beautifully and the scent fills my shower with heavenly vanilla.  My hair is left clean, soft, and shiny.  My scalp is left hydrated and soothed. I have no idea how well this will work for me in the summer, but it's definitely a repurchase for both my boyfriend and I in the colder months.

What's your favourite shampoo for Fall/Winter?



Lathers so much better on your scalp, trust me.

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera leaf juice) gel,* aqua (water), babassuamidopropyl betaine, decyl glucoside, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, glycerin, zinc gluconate, zinc salt, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf/stem extract,* urtica dioica (nettle) root extract,* chamomilla recutica (chamomile) flower extract,* salvia officinalis (sage) leaf/stem extract,* equisetum hiemale (horsetail) leaf/stem extract,* lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower/leaf/stem extract,* salix alba (willow) bark extract,* carica papaya (papaya) extract, yucca schidigera (yucca) leaf extract,* panthenol (vitamin B), allantoin (comfrey-derived), wheat amino acids, chlorophyll, riboflavin, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, vanilla planifolia (bourbon vanilla) fruit oil,* rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil,*salvia officinalis (sage) leaf oil*

* NOP Certified Organic






2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever used a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner before. It sounds like a good way to justify the price of John Masters products though:) Might have to give this one a try one of these days!

    I don't really change up my hair stuff in the winter, but I like to use a combination of Organic Excellence and Intelligent Nutrients all year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really enjoy JM despite the price. If you try it, let me know. Or I'll read about it on your blog I'm sure lol.

      I haven't heard of those brands but I definitely will look into them. I love changing up my hair products, especially conditioner.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...