Friday, October 05, 2012

Yes to Blueberries Intensive Skin Repair Serum Review

Whyyy did I think that the Yes to Blueberries line would be a good one for me?  Along with the Eye Roller, I also purchased this serum.  My skin is fairly young with very few wrinkles so it's not like this was a NEED or anything but I wanted to try it.  I thought maybe it would help with the wrinkles between my eyes, damn you squinting!  

Description: The Serum acts as a powerful "vitamin layer" applied directly to clean skin. The Serum can be used under Daily Repairing Moisturizer (during the day) or under Overnight Hydrating Cream (at night). This powerful blend combines organic cotton thistle which is clinically proven to restore and repair age-damaged skin in 7 days, along with anti-oxidant rich blueberries and blackcurrant, which is rich in essential fatty acids to help nourish and soothe skin. Your skin is left feeling oh-so-glowy!
  • Free of Petroleum and SLS
  • Paraben-free, naturally!

I won't pretend like I didn't love this at first.  My skin looked and felt amazing, so soft and glowy.  After about a week of using this product, morning and night, I started getting cystic acne.  Those painful under the skin bumps that you can't really do anything with but wait until they go away.  I stopped using the serum entirely until they went away and because I don't like to give up, I tried it again.  I used it only at night as my moisturizer and the same darn thing happened.  I stopped using it on my face and started using it to "tighten" the skin on my thighs, chest and stomach.  I can't say I saw results, I wasn't really even looking for results, I just didn't want to waste it.  This was before I even started my blog or was thinking about it.  It smells nice but feels sticky on your skin.  Again, not something I would repurchase but it's worth a shot.  I'm debating on trying a couple of things from the Yes to Cucumbers line since it's for sensitive skin.

Retails for approx. $20 CAN and can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart.  Check out www.yestocarrots.com for more info.

What's your favourite Yes To product(s)?

taken from www.yestocarrots.com

4 comments:

  1. The only Yes To product I've tried are their tinted color balms, which I really like :) I want to recommend them to everyone (that's how much I like them!) but I don't think they've made it to Canada yet...or at least, I haven't seen them in stores here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How disappointing is that on all levels? No good Yes To product except balms and they're not even available in Canada :(. Did you get yours in the states or did you order online?

      Delete
  2. A long time ago I tried the YTCucumbers eye gel, and not only did it not really seem to do anything for me, it flaked like crazy. It dried fine but if I rubbed my face or tried to apply makeup over the top of it, I wound up with little flakes all over my face. Gross. It kind of turned me off from trying any more of their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew! That is definitely gross. I bought their yes to cucumber wipes recently and can honestly tell you to not bother with the entire line. Such a waste of money.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...