Thursday, September 06, 2012

Mary Ginseng House Samples & Review

After purchasing and loving the Facial Scrub Cream so much, I contacted Mary Ginseng House who sent me a wonderful little sample kit.  Sadly, I have a lost a couple of the samples while traveling and wasn't able to get the full feel for them.  Believe me, I was pretty mad at myself!

Here is what I received and my thoughts:

Facial Scrub Cream - Already reviewed and am still loving this.  I have actually started adding a pea size amount to my cleanser in the morning to gently exfoliate for better application of makeup.  I don't know if I'll be able to continue doing this when the weather gets colder, but right now, I'm enjoying the combo.

Face Cream -  This was a pretty large sample and I got through about half before losing it. I'm not really sure how I feel about this face cream.  It felt really nice on my skin and smoothed out any dryness, bumps and covered my pores (like silicone would) for a flawless makeup application but I don't know how I feel about wax on my skin.  I don't know a whole bunch about lanette wax but I will do some research and revisit this cream at a later point.  It didn't feel greasy or break me out so that's a plus.
Ingredients: Lanette Wax, Ginseng gel, Ginseng powder, Ginseng hydrosols, Ginseng essential oil, Olive oil, Aloe Vera gel, Jojoba ester, Grapefruit Seed extracts, and Vitamin E.

Intensive Renewal Treatment (I.R.T.) Serum: I loved this serum.  I used it in the morning, under my moisturizer and loved how hydrating it was without feeling or looking greasy.  It absorbed really well and definitely helped reduce the redness and active break outs on my chin.  I will be purchasing this for sure as soon as I get a chance to.
Ingredients: High concentration of ginseng essential oil, blended with pure jojoba ester.

Bio-Collagen Night Treatment: I lost this before even being able to try it.  I'm super sad about it because it looked promising.  I'm not a fan of putting heavy products on my face before bed, but I would have liked to at least try it for a couple of nights.  I'm le sad, but what's a gal to do?
Ingredients: Bees Wax, Ginseng, Jojoba ester, Biodynes EMPP, Roman Chamomile Essential Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Lemon Essential Oil, Jasmine Absolutes, Rose Absolutes, bergamot, grapefruit seed extract, and Vitamin E.

Lip Balm: We all know my obsession with lip balms so of course I died a little when I saw a lip balm in my box!  This balm is great.  It's creamy, smells nice, feels nice and tastes nice.  I keep this at work as I like to moisturize my lips every hour.  I drink lots of water so my lip balm can wear off rather quickly. 
Ingredients: top-grade beeswax, jojoba oil, and essential oils of ginseng, lime, tea tree, vitamin E, and carrot oil

Pain Relieving Cream: This is not pictured below because I am still playing with it.  I have used it a few times but not regularly enough to notice a difference.  I will be using it every single night for the next week on my knee and report back.
Ingredients: Ginseng Hydrosols, Grapeseed Oil, Lanette Wax, Ginseng Gel, Essential Oils of Eucalyptus, Camphor, Winter Green, Peppermint, Lavender, Tea Tree, Rosemary, Grapefruit seed extract, and Vitamin E.

All of these products smelled really nice, nothing was strong or overpowering at all.  The lipbalm smells like lime and the other products smell like ginseng.  I absolutely love most of what I have tried (whether sent or purchased) and look forward to purchasing a couple more of their products.

Click here to get more information and to purchase any of their products.

Have you ever tried Mary Ginseng House products?  What was your favourite or which would you like to try?



taken before using

taken after using a couple of times

taken before using (ever)

taken after using several times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...