Friday, August 10, 2012

Sante Naturkosmetik Pressed Powder Review

This was part of my haul and first impressions post.  I purchased it from Big Carrot and will say that it wasn't my first choice but they were all out of 100% Pure's powder foundation in every single colour.  Regardless, I had been looking at Sante products on and off so I decided to try this even though I could find virtually no reviews on the product.

They claim that these pressed powders produce the perfect finish and are enriched with ultra-fine mineral pigments. They'll give you an even soft-matte complexion and are formulated with organic jojoba and camomile.

Colour Selection: Awful! There are only 4 shades.  I'm generally light to medium, more medium now that it's summer. Even though shade 2 blended perfectly into my skin, it would be a little too pink for me come fall/winter.  I purchased this in shade 1 and am happy with it.  It's practically translucent but offers enough colour/coverage to even out the redness on my cheeks. 

Use & Performance: I use it as a setting powder, to even out my skin tone (if there's any redness left after I apply concealer), and reduce shine.  It looks very natural on but I still like spritzing with some water, toner or hydrosol. It works really well in setting my makeup and keeps me looking matte for a few hours, then I just look dewy which I like.  I don't think this would work well for anyone with oily or really oily skin as it doesn't keep me matte all day and I'm combo. Also, if you prefer a really matte face in general then you won't like this. It doesn't cling to any dry patches which is great.  I haven't broken out or seen any irritations develop and I've been using his religiously since I got it.

Scent: I didn't enjoy the scent at first but it's grown on me.  It smells like chamomile but fresher.  It's a very fresh scent that doesn't linger for long and isn't overpowering (to me anyway). 

Packaging: The packaging is very sleek, classy and sturdy.  It's a little heavy and not reusable which are cons to me. They should definitely work on that, make it lighter and make it reusable!  Such a beautiful compact, there's no need to constantly repurchase a new one.

All in all, it's a nice compact.  Will be great for the colder months but I think I'm going to try something else next time.

What your favourite pressed powder?







swatched like this because when I applied it to my hand, you couldn't even see it
Ingredients: TALC, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LAURYL LACTATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PARFUM (ESSENTIAL OILS), SIMMONDSIA CINENESIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL*, BISABOLOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) EXTRACT*, MICA, [+/- CI 75470 (CARMIN) (CONTAINS CARMINE AS A COLOR ADDITIVE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES)] * organically grown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...