Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pure+Simple: Sensitive Skin Face Wash Review

I think that gentle cleansing is really important.  I did, at one point, use products specific to acne prone skin and just ended up irritating my skin more.  I remember my friend saying, "are you washing your face with battery acid or something?" lol.  Using gentle cleansers is essential in not stripping your skin of its natural oils, therefore, drying out your skin and causing your skin to product even more oil to compensate for the loss during cleansing.  I was super excited to try this cleanser because..well..it's gentle which is what I like.

Description: A thorough but extremely gentle gel face wash for the most sensitive skins.
  • Suggested for use where a cream cleanser may be too rich
  • This gentle cleanser is made from the mildest botanical cleansing + highly effective anti-bacterial phospholipids
  • This cleanser will remove make up without irritating the eye area
  • The surfactant disodium laureth sulfosuccinate is the mildest available from botanical sources
  • Plant phospholipids from fatty acids are hypoallergenic and are highly effective anti-bacterial ingredients
  • No harsh surfactants or parabens
  • Safe enough for babies and the most delicate skin
I was really disappointed in this product and it was definitely my least favourite of all the Pure+Simple products that I received.  Packaging-wise, it's great.  It's very light and comes in a plastic container with that top that you push down to open (see below because I have no idea what it's called or how else to describe it).  The possibility of it leaking is there but it can always be taped down to avoid that when traveling.  The consistency is very watery.  It feels like..hm..when you wash your hands but don't get all of the soap off, so you rub your hands together again (before rinsing) and create a light, airy foam.  I didn't find that it removed much of my makeup at all.  It's best used in the morning (for me) because it's very gentle, doesn't irritate or dry me out.  I won't be purchasing this product once it runs out but I'm very interested in checking out their Sensitive Skin Cleansing Milk and will likely purchase that instead.

Retails for  $19.95 CAN for 100ml. Check out www.pureandsimple.ca for more info and to purchase.


What sort of consistency or texture do you like best in a cleanser?





Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut/Corn derived Cleansing Agent), Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate (Coconut Derived Surfactant), Sodium Lauryl Glucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate (Non-toxic Surfactant), Sodium Lauryl Glutamate (Amino Acid Derived
Cleansing Agent), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Glycerin, Zizyphus Joazeiro Bark Extract, Trehalose (Plant Derived Moisturizer), Maltooligosyl Glucoside (Tapoica Derived Surfectant), Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate (Sugar Derived Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Tilia Cordata (Linden) Blossom Extract, Plantago Major (Plantain) Extract, Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade Preservative), Citric Acid, Gluconolactone (Fruit Acid), Sodium Benzoate (Food Grade Preservative), Lavendula  Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...