Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pure+Simple: Cellular Repair Cream Review

I have been hopelessly devoted to my Weleda Soothing Almond Facial Lotion for quite some time now.  I always worry about venturing off but really want to discover a new daily moisturizer. When I saw that I got one from Pure+Simple, I was so excited.

Description: A medium weight cream that provides exceptional antioxidant protection with the ability to heal and repair damaged skin at the cellular level.
  • Contains Green Tea, Strawberry, Chamomile, and Wasabi Extracts
  • Extracts of Pomegranate, Strawberry and Date are loaded with tannins and provide three times more antioxidant activity than Green tea or Red Wine
  • A combination of bioactive trace minerals and extracts are designed to boost the activity of the natural antioxidant enzymes present in the skin
  • Perfluorodecalin increases oxygen and moisture level within the skin
  • Increased oxygen levels aid in wound healing and the reduction of scarring in damaged or inflamed skin
  • Precious organic essential oils of Bulgarian Rose and Rose Geranium from Madagascar, calm and hydrate the skin
  • Skin is renewed and repaired and a healthy glow emerges
  • Great cream for the prevention of fine lines
Again, this comes in the same porcelain container, that is part of their Bottle Reusing Program.  I have a real love/hate relationship with this face cream.  I hate the smell of it, it literally makes me want to gag.  I hate it so much that I have to wash my hands right after applying it.  Once it's on my face, the smell doesn't bother me.  I do get random whiffs of it throughout the morning, but it's tolerable.  Bizarre eh? I think it's the wasabi extract that causes it to smell so foul.  For the record, my mom likes the smell.  Scents come down to personal preference, so don't let my hate for it discourage you from trying it.  I love the way it makes my skin look and feel.  It hydrates so beautifully and keeps it nice and moisturized all day long, never greasy.  It allows my makeup to go on smoothly since all of my dry patches are hydrated.  It really is a superb product and I will use it up.  While I won't be repurchasing due to my lack of enjoyment of the scent, I will be checking out their line for one that has little to no fragrance.

Retails for $43.95 CAN for 50ml.  Check out www.pureandsimple.ca for more info and to purchase.

Does scent play a big factor in whether or not you purchase/repurchase or are results more important?





Ingredients: Water, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Arachidyl (Peanut) +Behenyl (Vegetal) Alcohols, Cetearyl + Arachidyl Glucosides (Plant + Peanut derivatives), Sea Algae Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, Sucrose
Polysoyate (Sucrose Fatty Acid Esters), Lecithin, Saccharomyces Selenium Ferment (Plant peptide), Wasabia Japonica (Wasabi) Root Extract, Faex (Yeast) Extract, Phoenix dactylifera (Date) Extract, Punic granatum (Pomegranite) + Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extracts, Zinc Sulfate, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Perfluorodecalin (Oxygen carrier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Plant Extract), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract, Lonicera Japonica Caprifolium (Japanese honeysuckle) Extract, Capryloyl + Undecylenoyl Glycine (Amino Acids), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...