Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pure+Simple: Calming Cucumber Mask Review


Another mask?! Yes please! This was another wonderful product that got sent to me and again, I was excited to use it as part of my weekly facial routine.

Description: A nourishing mask that helps calm the skin with its cooling and soothing properties
  • Contains Sea Algae which helps restore moisture in the skin
  • Contains antioxidants Grape seed Extract, Vitamins A C + E
  • This mask infuses skin with hydration + plumps up skin cells, leaving it feeling renewed + rejuvenated
  • Can be used as an eye mask to relieve puffy eyes and dark circles
  • Can be refridgerated before use
  • A cooling treatment for irritated skin conditions such as sunburn + rosacea

It comes in the same heavy porcelain container, as the nourishing exfoliant+mask, that can be returned to Pure+Simple for $1 towards product. I love this mask because it does exactly what it says it's supposed to. It is so refreshing, hydrating and soothing/calming. It's a jelly like texture that smells like cucumber but not as crisp.  The first couple of times I used this mask I wasn't a big fan, I just didn't notice it doing anything. Then, I had spilled some oregano oil and without realizing it was on my hands, I started touching my face. All of a sudden, my face was on FIRE. I looked in the mirror and my face had red blotches in every spot I had touched, basically my whole face. I washed my hands and rinsed my face with cold water. Still burning! I quickly grabbed this and slathered it on *ahhh...relief*. I left it on for 40 minutes or so and rinsed it off with cold water. All tof he redness in my face was gone. No joke, no exaggerating, it was ALL gone. That is when I fell in love with this product. I think it's a must have for anyone with red, irritated skin (rosacea) and it would be amazing to take on vacation or use on those summer days when you get burnt. I haven't put it in the fridge or used it as an eye mask, so I'm not sure how well it works in that department. I don't really have puffy eyes or dark circles. I will definitely purchase when I run out!

Retails for $25.25 for 50ml. Check out www.pureandsimple.ca for more info and to purchase.

Do you like using gel masks to soothe and hydrate your skin? Will you be trying this one?






Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cassia Angustifolia (India Senns) Seed Polysaccharide, Sclerotium Gum Powder, Vegetable Collagen, Moringa Pterygosperma (Moringa) Seed Exract, Leuconostoc (Radish) Root Ferment Filtrate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Copper PCA, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...