Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Ginseng Facial Scrub Cream w/ Micro-dermabrasion Crystals Review

This was featured in my July haul and first impressions post, and I've finally used it enough to come to a conclusion on whether or not I like it. It's created by Mary Ginseng House who's products all contain ginseng which is great for your body, inside and out. It's a Canadian company (yippee!) that uses Ontario grown ginseng and I purchased it from The Big Carrot on recommendation from the ladies there.

Claim: Our Ginseng Facial Scrub Cream is superbly formulated with this new skin renewal material – Microdermabrasion Crystals, combined with the powerful ginseng ingredient, a perfect formula to treat fine lines, wrinkles and other skin conditions caused by the aging process and sun damaging effects, a great natural formulation for skin nourishment and rejuvenation. This step removes the layer of built up dead skin cells, allowing for the nutrients in our products to penetrate deeper into the skin. Our Ginseng helps to heal and nourish the skin while the exfoliating process is taking place.

Ugh, I love this scrub. I know the benefits of micro having studied it and tried it in school. I also know that it can be a little abrasive in spas and if done incorrectly can rip and irritate the skin. Micro is more exfoliating than a regular scrub, the crystals really work to remove the upper most layer of the skin to improve everything mentioned above.  This scrub comes in a white plastic squeeze tube that is great for traveling. It's not the most impressive packaging, but it's simple and somewhat sleek. The formula is great. It's creamy and applies smoothly to your skin with a little water. I felt the micro crystals working and was totally impressed because I didn't think it was going to do anything. Felt more creamy than exfoliating when I applied it to my hand in store.  It's a great alternative to going to a spa and getting a micro actually done. I use this twice a week and it leaves my skin silky soft and radiant. It doesn't dry or irritate my skin at all. It smells wonderful! Just like ginseng, so soothing. It could possibly be a little abrasive for those with extremely sensitive or reactive skin, but works well for me and my skin is sensitive.  I would highly recommend this product and I will be repurchasing.

Retails for approx. $35 CAN for 100ml (which is amazing).  Check out www.maryginsenghouse.com for more info.


How do you feel about at home micros?




Ingredients: 100% top quality pharmaceutical grade microdermabrasion crystals, ginseng fibres, ginseng hydrosol, lanette wax, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, distilled water, grapefruit seed extract, lemon and lavender essential oils.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...