Thursday, August 02, 2012

Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask Review

I've been eyeing many of Andalou Naturals products over the last few months.  I saw this mask and instantly debated on getting it for weeks.  Finally, it was on sale for $10 CAN at Whole Foods and I bought it.  I really enjoy glycolic acid anything, it works really well for my skin and this mask is no exception.

Claim: Organic pumpkin, rich in Vitamin A, and glycolic AHA gently dissolve the intra-cellular glue that binds dull surface cells and lifts them away, as Advanced Fruit Stem Cells stimulate circulation and healthy cell renewal for even tone and texture, revealing a fresh complexion.

It's true! It really does make my skin so soft, even toned and textured.  I have had this for less than 2 weeks and have used it 4 times so far, I am not disappointed.  I know it's a tad soon to review but I definitely have seen great results.  Lets start with packaging, it comes in a green glass bottle which is slightly heavy.  I have a love/hate relationship with glass packaging because it sucks so much to travel with and I find it inconvenient to put it into smaller plastic containers BUT they're so much better for the environment and they're reusable!  I like to fill them up with coconut oil.  It smells alright, kind of like pumpkin pie I guess.  I'm not really sure how to explain the scent to be honest.  The texture is a jelly, gel jelly? lol.  It's a gel and you just apply a thin layer all over your face.  This will likely last me a couple of months applying it twice a week.  It does tingle when you first apply it, but that quickly goes away. The end result of this mask is beautiful, glowing, radiant, even toned and textured skin.  I seriously love this stuff.  I will be repurchasing this product for sure.

Retails for approx. $14.99 CAN for 50ml.  Check out www.andalou.com for more info.  It can be purchased at Whole Foods and www.well.ca.

What do you think?  Will you be trying it?



Ingredients: Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Puree*, Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Aqua, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Manuka Honey, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Juice*, Pectin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Lecithin, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane)*, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) and Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oils, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon), Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg), Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) and Pimento Officinalis (Allspice) Powders *Organic
† Fair Trade
Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

1 comment:

  1. I feel so relieved after having read this blog post, as I just bought this product today and was somewhat hesitant!! Quick question: what skin type do you have? I hope I can get the same results as yours with my combination skin!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...