Friday, July 06, 2012

Fresh Faced

Canada, are you tired of crazy shipping charges?  Long waits for your products?  Cross border shopping? 

I've got just the place for you then!  I was recently introduced to Fresh Faced, an online Canadian retailer (e-tailer) that specifically sells natural beauty products (aka amazingness) that are free from sulfates, synthetic chemicals, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, and other compromising ingredients.  Not only do I love that they're Canadian, sell great products, are competitively priced, but Sally Grover (founder) and Jennifer (thatPRgirl ) are amazingly sweet.  What does amazingly sweet have to do with anything?  It has to do with everything.  That right there tells me that customer service is important to them.  A good company prides itself on good customer service and not just bending over backwards for them, but really connecting with them even if it's just through an e-mail. 

When I'm looking at ordering from a new e-tailer, I look for a few things:
  • Is there a phone number and does anybody actually answer it? -no number/no answer = no good
  • Is there a mailing and e-mail address? - same as not having a number, it's sketchy and I consider it no good
  • How quickly will I receive a response to my e-mail inquiry? -you must email to find out, read my experience with EcoTools and their lack of communication and customer service skills here
  • How friendly is the response? - don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.  There's the standard copy and paste response and then there's the original and thoughtful response.  Mind you, not all responses require thought but regardless, you get me (I hope)
  • Hate to say it, but how nice does their site look? - I just feel that if you're going to have an e-store, it should look nice.  A tad shallow?  Maybe, but come on, do you really want to order off of a crappy and sketchy looking website? I sure don't.  There needs to be information about the company, it needs to be easy to navigate and have all the information required prior to making my purchase (shipping information, costs, product info, etc, etc) AND of course include the rest of the stuff above
Based on those right there, http://www.freshfaced.ca/ is a great place to shop at! Just check them out for yourself and you'll see what I mean.



Sally Grover started this business from the back seat of her bike and only a penny in her pocket, I'm just kidding!  There was no back seat, she only had one seat.  All joking aside, she's actually a successful freelance editor and blogger, owns and edits http://www.frugal-fashionistas.com/ and  lives in Toronto *raising the roof*...yah I did that... it's a good thing you couldn't see me...that would have been embarrassing.  She has a passion for products that are, as she put it herself, "safe and responsible without compromising luxury or effectiveness".  I think that's where most people go wrong, they don't believe that natural products can be as effective and luxurious as toxic filled ones.  She started Fresh Faced to help Canadians avoid ridiculously high shipping and duty costs, cross-border shopping, and long waits.  I, for one, call it a one-stop-shop because it has so many great brands that I already adore, PLUS it's free shipping (for Canadians) over $25 AND she's already taken out all the guess work for you by selling products that are tried, tested and true by her.  These are not just products she sells, they are products that she believes in and uses herself on a daily basis.  So many online retailers will sell you products that they have never used themselves, which is fine BUT wouldn't you feel more comfortable purchasing from someone who does use what they sell?  It means that you can email the company and someone there will be able to assist you in finding a product that is best suited for your needs.  They can give you their own personal thoughts, based on trial and error, on the product.  At the end of the day, it is trial and error but it's always great to get feedback prior to purchasing.  I mean, that's why we read blogs and reviews. 

They currently carry a variety of green beauty products such as Alima Pure, butter LONDON, Coola, Dr. Bronner's, Green Beaver (Canadian), John Masters Organics, Lavera, Nvey Eco, One Love Organics, Pai Skin care, Pangea Organics, Priti NYC, Revolution Organics (Canadian), skinnyskinny, Soapwalla, Suki, Weleda, and Yarok.
Will you be ordering from them or have you already? Let me know!
      
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...