Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Coola SPF 20 Unscented Face Sunscreen Review

I've heard and read amazing things about this sunscreen, so when I saw it on hautelook.com I jumped to buy it.  I bought this earlier in the year and couldn't decide whether to get tinted, scented, matte or unscented.  Safest bet was unscented.

Claim: This unscented version of our natural mineral, sheer SPF 20 sunblock will hydrate and protect your sensitive facial skin. Organic Cocoa and Shea Butters will sooth and moisturize, keeping frisky fine lines at bay. The super antioxidant and anti-aging powers of Xylinum Black Tea and Organic Grape Seed Extract give your skin a direct antioxidant and anti-aging boost. This formula delivers lasting broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection, yet is still light enough to feel perfect under makeup everyday. 70% Certified Organic inactives, 98% Natural.
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Paraben Free
  • Ultra Sheer
  • Anti-Aging
  • Water Resistant (40 minutes)
  • No nano-sized particles
I'm not the biggest fan of this sunscreen to be completely honest.  I find it leaves a white cast on your face because it's so hard to blend.  I need to rub pretty hard, which takes away from "keeping frisky fine lines at bay" and being good for my "sensitive facial skin".  It truly is unscented and is hydrating but it's greasy.  If I wore it for a solid 3 days, I would start breaking out in cystic acne which only happens with product use.  I do enjoy the packaging, it's super cute.  I love the pump on it, works well. You only need a pump and a half to do your entire face. I'm not sure how the other face suncreens from Coola compare but this was just not a good product for me.  I've started using it all over to use it up.  I will not be repurchasing and have replaced it with DeVita SPF 30!

Retails for approx. $34 CAN for 50ml.  See www.coolasuncare.com/ for more information.  Can be purchased at www.freshfaced.ca, www.hipapotheca.com, and sometimes www.hautelook.com.






Ingredients:Titanium dioxide, water, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe vera) leaf juice, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, butyloctyl salicylate (SPF booster), glycerin (plant-derived), caprylic/capric triglyceride (plant-derived), brassica campestris (rapeseed)/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, abyssinian oil (crambe abyssinica seed oil), cetearyl alcohol (plant-derived), glyceryl stearate (plant-derived), polysorbate-60 (plant-derived), cetearyl glucoside, magnesium silicate, glyceryl caprylate (natural preservative), glyceryl undecylenate (natural preservative), xanthan gum (natural thickener), lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) extract (natural preservative), ethylhexylglycerin (plant-derived preservative), tocopherol (antioxidant), camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...