Monday, July 30, 2012

Andalou Naturals Lavender & Biotin Shampoo Review

So...remember when I said I was not going to use shampoo and just wash my hair with baking soda?  I lied changed my mind.  Great for my scalp, not so great for my chemically treated hair.  I saw this shampoo on sale at Whole Foods and decided that it would be a great mix in with my John Masters Lavender Rosemary Shampoo.

Claim: Andalou Naturals Advanced Fruit Stem Cell Science improves hair follicle longevity and vitality for healthy hair from root to tip.  Lavender gently refreshes, stimulating follicles and circulation. Biotin B-complex infuses essential protein for thicker, fuller strands, improved strength, texture and manageability for maximum volume and silky sheen.  100% Sulfate Free and Color Safe
I don't know about the "Fruit Stem Cell Science" but I like this shampoo.  It mixes in really well on my hand with the John Masters one and because they smell similar, it works.  I love the lather and how well it rinses out.  It leaves my hair and scalp feeling really clean and refreshed.  I do see a little bit more volume in my hair, but that's probably all in my head.  It's clear and has a gel-like consistency.  I thought this would be great to use for summer because my scalp and hair get more greasy and I could always use more volume.  As you can see, I've used up about half of it.  I would repurchase next summer but I think I'm going to try their Sweet Orange and Argan Shampoo next.  This is definitely worth checking if your hair is oily or fine/thin, I think you'll like it.

Retails for approx. $9.99 CAN.  Check out http://andalou.com/ for more info.

Do you have a fav. shampoo you use in the summer?  What is it?


Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Aqua, Sodium Lauryl Glucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoyl Methyl Taurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Cyamopsis Tetragonolobus (Guar) Gum*, Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Extract*, Hydrolyzed Barley Protein, Vitamin B Complex (Biotin, Thiamine, Pyridoxine, Niacin, Riboflavin & Panthenol) Glycine Soja (Soy) Protein, Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil,* Camelina Sativa Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) and Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Extracts *†, Allantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Oil*
*Organic
† Fair Trade
Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

2 comments:

  1. Sodium Lauryl Glucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate is that a sulfate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. It's apparently a mild alternative to sulfates and used a sulfate replacement. Confused? me too

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...