Thursday, June 28, 2012

John Masters Lavender Rosemary Shampoo Review


I know I've said this before, about other products, BUT a good natural shampoo is hard to find. I mean, realistically, a good shampoo is hard to find. My roots are super greasy but my ends are so dry. Due to the high level of essential oils in most natural shampoos, at least the really clean ones, my hair gets even more greasy. It never really feels clean, if you know what I mean. I won't mention the other brands that I have tried because I don't want to discourage trying them, you need to find what works for your hair's needs.

Now for this deliciously scented shampoo..

Claim: Lavender and rosemary extracts are combined with 13 other certified-organic ingredients plus soy protein & wheat amino acids to leave hair healthy, shiny, & manageable. Does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Safe for color-treated hair. 8 fl oz.

It's a great shampoo. Leaves my hair feeling clean. My hair is always shiny, from my ears up anyway lol. It won't leave it detangled, I still need to use their amazing Citrus & Neroli Detangler after. If you're looking for a sudsy shampoo, this really isn't it. I mean, it does lather up a bit but not like drugstore SLS filled ones. What I do is wet my hair, lather a small amount in hands, apply to hair and massage, then apply another little bit to my hands, lather and apply to hair. I add a touch more water and just massage my hair from root to tip (I more pull my roots up to stick to my scalp if that even makes sense to anybody but me lol). I adore the scent, it smells exactly what it's called (Lavender Rosemary). It's pricey and I likely would repurchase but I'm going to give the "no shampoo" method a try. Basically just using baking soda to cleanse my hair. When I actually try it, I'll let you all know how it goes. If you're going to purchase a shampoo though, I have thoroughly enjoyed John Masters so far. I know I have only tried this particular one for normal hair, but I have no doubt the others are equally as great.

Retails for approx. $22.50 CAN. Check out www.johnmasters.ca for more information. I'm sure you could purchase it at most health food stores including Whole Foods, as well as http://www.hipapotheca.com/.

What are your thoughts on John Masters hair shampoos?

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera leaf juice) gel,* aqua (water), decyl glucoside, sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium cocoyl sulfoacetate, babassuamidopropyl betaine, panthenol (vitamin B5), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil,* rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil,* hydrolyzed soy protein, wheat amino acids, sorbitol, symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf extract,* chamomilla recutica (chamomile) flower extract,* lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower/leaf/stem extract,* urtica dioica (nettle) root extract,* equisetum hiemale (horsetail) leaf/stem extract,* achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract,* camellia sinensis (white tea) extract,* salix alba (willow) bark extract,* lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, guar hydroxypropyl trimonium chloride, linum usitatissimum (flaxseed) seed oil,* borago officinalis (borage) seed oil,* helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil,* simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil,* tocopherol, sulfur, glycerin

* NOP Certified Organic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...