Friday, June 08, 2012

Hurraw! Balms - A Must for your Lips!

I am a lip balm addict.  I literally have one in my bag, car, bedroom, jacket, bathroom, work desk, etc etc.  I love trying out new balms and butters for my lips and am obsessed, OBSESSED with mint flavored balms.  For the longest time I continuously repurchased Dr. Bronner's lip balm in peppermint.  In the last few months, I've started to dislike it.  It gets kind of grainy and hasn't been very hydrating.   

I was searching for a natural SPF balm to use.  It's hard to find one that smells nice, doesn't leave a weird film and glides on like a dream.  I was at Big Carrot (in Toronto) and started looking at the Hurraw! balms since my boyfriend raves about them.  He literally only has one (Vanilla Bean, I believe) and it's with him at all times.  I spotted an SPF version that smells like tangerine and chamomile and bought it without giving it a second thought! 

Claim: It glides on silky smooth *(and virtually clear) like our regular balms but we formulated it to be extra thick and creamy for longer staying power
while out in those shining rays! Juicy Tangerine, Roman Chamomile and a hint of Vanilla make it nourishing and calming for your lips.
Packed full of amazing cold pressed oils to moisturize, protect and heal.

Oh my gosh, it is amazing and lives up to the claim.  It's so smooth and silky when you apply it to your lips, it smells heavenly (wish it was mint but I'll survive), doesn't get grainy, makes my lips soft (even after it's worn off) AND it doesn't leave a weird SPF taste or film.  ADDED BONUS - the ingredients which I will list below- are so natural and pure.  It's raw, vegan and organic.  Oh and it goes on clear regardless of it's brownish/greenish/purpleish colour.  Excuse me while I reapply Hurraw! heaven on my lips *puckers*, perfect.

This is my new daily lip balm, I will always have one on me (regardless of season) as long as they're available. I'm definitely trying the mint and grapefruit ones next!

Have you tried Hurraw!?  What's your favourite flavour(s)?

If you haven't, check them out at http://www.hurrawbalm.com/ or visit The Big Carrot http://www.thebigcarrot.ca/. I purchased it for just over $5 CAN.

                                        




                                             
Ingredients: *Prunus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Citrus Aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax,
*Ricinus communis (castor) oil, *Rubus ideas (red raspberry seed) oil, *Hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) oil, *Punica granatum (pomegranate seed) oil, *Citrus reticulata (tangerine) essential oil,
Tocopherols (vitamin e), ***Anthemis nobilis (roman chamomile) extract

2 comments:

  1. Didn't manage to grab this one in time for the sun, but I have the vanilla and coconut ones. They are just the BEST. It's like the only product where I want to own every flavour

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're delicious! Except, I manage to keep losing mine and gave up buying more. It's like they don't want to be used by me lol. Thanks for the comment! xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...